
I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind, but now I see... Here's my testimony.
I was raised in a non-apple household. We started out with a Tandy computer that could run old sierra games that came on 10 to 15 floppy discs. Later, my parents got an IBM that ran windows 3.1, I guess they didn't know any better. I started high school and things spiraled out of control from there. Windows 95, Windows 98, I even dabbled with Windows NT. By the grace of God, I never had it bad enough to load up Windows ME. I've been on Xp for the last 4 or 5 years now.
Sure, I knew people who owned mac computers and led very happy, fulfilled lives, we called them mac freaks, apple thumpers. I've always thought "that stuffs not for ME" and "I'm glad you're into that, but I'm having too much fun with Microsoft". Truth was, I didn't have a clue what I was missing. Not until someone sat down with me and walked me though the conversion process. I can't remember his name, but he works over at MegaByte and was very informative. Thanks dude.
I've been an apple thumper for a few weeks now, I bought a 20" iMac with 2gb of ram and the intel duo-core processor followed by a 30gb iPod.

I'm learning more and more everyday, reading my O'Reilly manual and memorizing new shortcuts. I'm constantly amazed by what this piece of technology is capable of. My heart aches for my friends who haven't come to the same realization as I have. The sad part is, some will never take that first step.
4 comments:
convert now, the end is near. you will not regret it. Mac 4 Life.
In 2 more weeks, you'll begin referring to all non-Macheads as "infedels" and using the word "jihad", too.
Not all conversions are paths down the right road.
With that said, I have massive 20" iMac envy.
i don't believe in the phrase, "Once you go Mac, you never go back."
Maybe i'm just jealous...
welcome. lindsey & patrick are recent converts as well.
Post a Comment