Man, we suck at the blogging thing, its a good thing no one reads it! We've been very busy getting our lives back in order after the move. For those of you who don't know (apparently there's a few) we have been back in Arkansas for about a month now. We now live in (gulp) Springdale.
I've been working at Modern Fence & Supply Co., Inc. and Jacqueline just got a job yesterday at an interior design place by Shoguns in Fayetteville. She's pretty excited. It's SO nice to be back in NWA. If any of you decide to pack up and move to LA, let me know and I'll come right over to slap some sense back into you.
I've been doing a lot of research lately about short term investments. We just got our tax refund back and we want to start a savings program for a house. I found a 3.5% CD at ing.com, that seems to be the best option right now, anyone have a better idea? Speaking of tax refunds, I ended up getting back over five times what I usually do. I don't know if getting married has something to do with it, or if I just filled the forms out wrong (I did the e-file by myself.) I REALLY want to get a new camera with some of the money, but I don't think I can talk my better half into it. I was at Bedfords the other day looking at the 20D, and the salesman mentioned that he was about to get married. I warned him to make all his big purchases before then.
well, thats it for now.
2 comments:
I just bought the 20d about 2 weeks ago. It's very sweet (not to tempt you or anything).
as far as short term investments go, Andrew and I will be doing pretty much the same thing. for me, sticking $ in a CD is good because I wouldn't even be able to get to it if I were tempted to spend it early. another option we've been thinking about is a Money Market account...where the minimum balance is relatively high and there's penalties for withdrawing money often. its sortof a mix between a checking and a savings account, its not risky like the Stock Market. Right now, Arvest's is earning 1.49%. see http://www.arvest.com/banking/?page=an/rates/deposit
Post a Comment