3.04.2005

Home Sick

WARNING:
Some of the following blog is about some gross stuff that happened to me while I was sick, if you are easily offended, or queasy, don't read the entry in RED


So, I've been taking it easy the last week. I came down with something over the weekend, which took physical form by way of an abscess (big pocket of nasty stuff under the skin) in a VERY uncomfortable place. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he signed me up for surgery that afternoon. The surgeon told me that this was about the most painful surgery you can have, and that he wasn't willing to put me under. He was going to have to stick four or five needles 3 inches into the thing to deaden it. I let him know that I didn't like the sound of that, and that I wouldn't be participating. He told be that if the thing drained on its own, I could forgo the cutting. Long story short, I made sure that it drained that night. I've been resting on the couch ever since.

On the bright side, I had plenty of time to dork around on eBay looking for a new camera (as well as sell my old one.) I ended up getting the Canon 300D (the Rebel) brand new for a pretty good price. It's supposed to get here Tuesday of next week. I sold my old digital camera to some guy in Singapore named "Dom". I shipped it "global express" and it's supposed to get there before I get my camera from New York, and it was a cheaper rate! Oh well. I sold 4 other things this week that I didn't really plan on getting rid of. That's the danger of getting bored, I start looking around the living room for stuff to hawk on eBay.

1 comment:

Brett said...

Mmmm. Tasty.

Congrats on the camera. We should go shoot togther sometime soon.