8.06.2009

Cloth Diapers


I chose to use cloth diapers for Katie. Partly to save money, partly to be less wasteful, partly because they look cool and are comfy. Several of my friends are using them as well and they aren't our mother's cloth diapers. No, we use those for burp cloths! My experience so far:

1) They are cute, but I wish I would have kept to the girly colors. I feel weird putting the blue and green ones on her
2) The sprayer makes a big ole mess and hardly removes any of the poopie
3) You must prewash before you wash
4) You must dry the inserts in the dryer for a LONG time if you don't want them to smell like pee pee
5) Soak the poopie ones in hot water and detergent (I use a small office-sized waste basket) for a little while, then wring out & put in the diaper pail with the rest

Those are just a few of the things. It's a learning process, but they really are pretty easy to use. They have saved us a lot of money and we are WAY into that right now.

Katie's pretty cute in them too!

1 comment:

TheCeiba said...

Way to go! You're my 3rd friend that has gone to the cloth!