1.24.2006

Two months later...

So, it's been a while since our last post. Between the new xbox and the new house (both acquired on November 21st), there hasn't been much time to a do lot of blogging. I'm sorry that our last post was a picture of John, making obscene hand gestures in the layaway line at Walmart. I always go to my page to access my list of links, so I have to look at his picture several times a day.



We've been in the new house for about 7 weeks now and it's slowly coming together. The place was a halfway house for addicts and alcoholics for a few years, so you can imagine it needed some work in the cosmetic department.







We had a painting party a week before moving in and pretty much got the whole house done in about 10 hours. The floors were sanded and refinished a few days later. We've knocked a very large hole in a wall between two bedrooms and had a fence installed in the backyard for the dog. The kitchen and bathroom are still in the early stages of being renovated, but they're functional.





Here's a shot of our completed living room. I'll post some shots of the rest of the house when I take some.

Later.




2 comments:

John Nelson said...

Great! Now I have to stare at your living room for 2 months before you post again, instead of looking at me doing sign language (which I use to communicate the gospel to deaf people...which you apparently think is obscene). You're totally going to hell.

TKB said...

Wow-It's looking great. I know you guys are excited. We know that God is going to use your home to reach so many people for His glory!
Beth and Travis